Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pasta with Walnuts, Figs and Gorgonzola Cheese

I had some Gorgonzola cheese in the freezer. I was hungry and thinking what was I going to make for lunch. I like honey with Gorgonzola and walnuts. I thought I will mix that up with some pasta. It was on a sweet side, but I like it like that. I think if you like Gorgonzola cheese, you will like this. 

Pasta with Walnuts, Figs and Gorgonzola Cheese
2 cups dried whole wheat fusilli pasta
½ cup walnuts, toasted (I like to leave them whole)
5 dried figs, cut into 4 pieces
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
2 handfuls frozen green beans
Handful of parsley, chopped fine (I did not have any, but it would be nice)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a bowl, combine oil, honey, cheese, figs, walnuts and parsley and toss to combine.

Boil pasta in salty water until al dente. Just before the pasta is done, throw in the beans for about 15 seconds. Drain well and add to the bowl. Toss to combine and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment