Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chicken Veronique Salad

This year my mother in law got a good amount of grapes. I have always wanted to make a chicken salad with grapes and now that I have all these grapes, it is a good way to use a few of them. I attached a picture of the growing grapes. Aren't they cute?

This salad is very easy and so delicious. I ate half of it in one sitting. Even though it is 100 % good for you, I had to stop because it is not exactly low on calories. You will love it very much!

By the way, wash, dry and freeze the grapes. They are very good and refreshing.

Chicken Veronique Salad
2 chicken breasts with bone and skin
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use my own-No Guilt Mayonnaise)
1/2 cup celery, small dice
1 cup green or red grapes (whole or cut in half if very large)
1 cup diced green apple
1 cup walnuts, toasted
salt and pepper to taste

Roast the chicken on the grill or in the oven until the chicken is 180 F. Cool and then dice the meat into cubes. Toss the chicken along with the rest of the ingredients. If making the salad ahead of time, add the walnuts before serving (so they stay crunchy).

Store in the fridge for up to 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment